To start the process of becoming a reserve you must attend an orientation seminar. Attend an orientation seminar this week! Orientations are held in two locations:
- The first and third Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Van Nuys Station, in the Community Room, located at 6240 Sylmar Ave, Van Nuys, CA 91406
- The second and fourth Thursdays of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Olympic Station located at 1130 South Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90006
For more information, call (424) 393-4540 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants must complete the online, interactive Preliminary Background Application (PBA) and Job Preview Questionnaire (JPQ) prior to taking the written test.
Go to the online application and click on “New Applicant: Register Here,” in the lower left corner of the page.
The online application consists of four parts:
1. Registered Information — personal application information
2. Application Questionnaire — recruitment source information
3. Preliminary Background Application (PBA) — The PBA is designed to help candidates identify some of the common areas of the background investigation process that may need to be explained, may cause delay, or affect the candidates’ progress in that phase of the selection process.
4. Job Preview Questionnaire (JPQ) — The JPQ is designed to help candidates to better understand the nature of the work they will be performing as a law enforcement officer.
Sections 1-2 are very simple. It will take you approximately 5 minutes to complete.
Sections 3-4 may take a little longer. You cannot save information in these sections and log back in later to complete. You must complete ALL sections before your application can be processed.
Please PRINT ALL results after clicking the submit button.
If you are having trouble printing your application, we recommend switching to another web browser, such as Firefox or Internet Explorer.
You MUST submit the CONFIRMATION PAGE when you go to take the written test.